Membership Services and the Benefits of Joining the Association
ACCESS, combined with the Ohio Association of Developmental Disabilities Professionals (OADDP), the North Eastern Ohio Education Association (NEOEA), the Ohio Education Association (OEA) and its parent organization, the National Education Association (NEA), offers an impressive array of services and benefits, providing members with financial gains, legal representation and protection, and professional development, as well as resources and programs. Membership in OEA/NEA provides you with:
Protection and Representation
- Educators Employment Liability Insurance provides you with:
- $1 million in coverage for civil claims brought against you,
- representation or reimbursement for the defense of criminal charges.*
- OEA/NEA Legal Services Program for the defense of your employment rights, including retirement interests.*
- OEA/NEA Attorney Referral Program, which provides you quality legal services for personal matters at reduced rates.*
- Advocacy to protect your retirement interests.
- A Labor Relations Consultant, located in an office near you, assigned to provide direct assistance to your local association and, when appropriate, personal representation to you in employment-related issues.
- Representation before state agencies such as the Educator Standards Board, the State Board of Education, the Ohio Board of Regents, and the State Employment Relations Board.
- Ohio Department of Developmental Disabilities (DODD)
- Information about your profession and the activities of your association through regular publications such as Ohio Schools and NEA Today magazines, as well as up-to-the-minute news on the OEA and NEA Web sites, including NEA Today.
- Advocacy at the local, state and federal levels.
- Coordinated training on professional issues.
- NEOEA has a long history of providing professional workshops at its NEOEA Day events in early October. NEOEA also provides valuable informational workshops and leadership training at its MegaConference in February and Summer Leadership Conference in July.
- The Ohio Association of Developmental Disabilities Professionals (OADDP) provides a professional conference and workshop in March.
- A wide variety of dollar-stretching economic services and benefit programs through NEA Member Benefits and discounts through OEA Educator Access.
- Free life and accidental death and dismemberment insurance to eligible NEA members through the NEA Complimentary Life Insurance program: http://www.neamb.com/insurance/nea-complimentary-life-insurance.htm
- NEOEA Benefits & Discounts – NEOEA offers a wide variety of benefits; including discounts on trips, sporting and entertainment events, banking, insurance, and a special discount with Best Benefits Club – (NEOEA0613).
* Terms and conditions of coverage are set forth in program documents. Contact your Labor Relations Consultant if you need to obtain additional information.